Monday, September 15, 2008

Vegas Baby!!!!!

Woot woot! Ok, so I just got back from Las Vegas! Chad and I left Wed. night and drove all night to get to vegas for my Interview for Steiner corp., It was too long of a drive.... But the good thing about all this was that I totally rocked the interview! Woop!!!! Well.... I'm guessing that no one knows what Steiner corp. is... It is a 5 star salon that has a few "land" salons but mostly operates on cruise lines. My interview was for the cruise line. Im super stoked because my interviewer was very impressed( which was suuhweeeet!!!!),but It's going to be a hard decision to make... Because I will have to move to London, UK for up to 12 weeks before I even get on the ship, and then my contract will be for 8 months out on the seas..... The pay is AMAZING thats what mostly turned me on to this, but I don't know if I'm ready to miss out on Aymee's pregness and Christmas with my family and what not.... Hmmm, it would give me lots of time to write my book though and I would get to see the world....( which I have always wanted to do!) Well if anyone has some advice let me know!!! I would love to hear it!
Ok so back onto Vegas, we stayed with Chad's sister Jen and They think we are the most boringest people ever. It was funny because one night jen's roommate asked us what we do for fun... and we replied, "well we like to watch movies adn sit around a lot, you know just relax..." adn that was obviously not the right reply becasue first she started to laugh and then gave us a lecture on how when she was 21 she was partying it up EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and we are lametrons.... SO the next day we were like ok lets go out to the strip then and we can "have some fun" That was friday night... Saturday rolls around and they tell us at 11 they need to just grab some make-up really quick and that they shouldn't be too long.... 4 o'clock rolls around and they are back home! Apparently they got sidetracked... So we didn't leave the house until 8:30 and by the time we got to the strip, the buffet we wanted to go to was closed and everyone was on edge.... We didnt gamble once, thats probably a good thing though... we did get to see the only thing I wanted to see though... The pirate show at Treasure Island. Hahahahaha It was so hilarious! I was expecting for it to not be vegasized so much. The pirate girls weren't even in pirate costumes! It was ridiculous! They all just looked like skanky stipper ho's ( which i'm sure at least 1/2 of them were....) But I wished their costumes would have been cute wench or pirate themed at very least!!!! Ugh chad was sitting there with me watchin it though and we just kept rolling our eyes and then laughing histerically! But I'm SO glad to be home... Vegas is nast.... I can smell fresh air again and it's so crisp out here!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

You can't move to London! Who's going to do my hair?! Everyone else sucks! Plus, I'd miss you way too much!!!

Okay, so, it's good opportunity and it's probably an opportunity of a lifetime. I'd probably take it if I were single.

If you do leave, can I get one of your comb razor thingies, so I can show my new stylist how to thin my hair properly? Otherwise, I'm going to look like I have an afro!

Karen said...

London! I know all your loved ones will miss you but what an adventure. GO FOR IT SISTER!